Monday, February 27, 2012

Nicole Schmid on Planning the BIG Day

* Fun Wedding Fact: Ancient Greeks and Romans thought the veil protected the bride from evil spirits. Brides have worn veils ever since.

Topic: Wedding Dress

If you're like most brides, you’ve probably watched the TV shows that have wedding dresses ranging from $1,000 - $10,000 and usually the bride brings an entourage of friends and family that ultimately influences her decision. Shopping for wedding dresses can be very overwhelming. You see one in the magazine and say, “AH, that’s it” and then when you go to try it on, a terrible panic feeling starts to rise as your realize, “OH, this is not it.” When the Royal Wedding happened back in 2011, designers' top trend was to add illusion necklines (think strapless, with coverage), but this lace look is not for everyone. When searching for the perfect wedding dress, my number one suggestion is to be open to different styles and materials within your budget. Just because you love it on the hanger, doesn’t mean you are going to love it on you (and vice versa).


Most wedding shops will let you take pictures or they can email you a picture of the dress after your appointment. If you find yourself daydreaming about that dress, instead of emailing that budget report to your boss, you should probably make another appointment to try it on again. Taking the plunge on buying a dress is a huge step, but don’t feel rushed. Before I bought my dress, I kept a few pictures in my office of different ones I tried on. I set these pictures nearby, so every day when I got to work or gathered my belongings at the end of the day, I would flip through those photos. Within a few days, I knew which one was the right fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment